European Free Radio Report for week ending May 20, 2007

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

curious george
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

European Free Radio Report for week ending May 20, 2007

Post by curious george »

Not much to report this time, unfortunately I didn't tune in until late Saturday evening. Conditions were pretty good, so I probably missed some stations I should have heard.

PIRATE (Europe-Scotland). 3910.1, Weekend Music Radio, 0007-0013 May 20, QRM was not as bad on this frequency, so could hear some faint music. At 0013, recognized "LA Woman" by the Doors, and checked 6400 where I found WMR in parallel. First time I've heard WMR on 76 meters. (Maroti-NY)

PIRATE (Europe-NL). 3935, Delta Radio (pres), 0002-0005 May 20, Thanks to a tip from John on MSN, I heard some music here, but the stateside chatter was just too strong to get any good details. (Maroti-NY)

PIRATE (Europe-Scotland). 6400, Weekend Music Radio, 2345-0021 May 19, Once again, a very nice signal from WMR. Heard the end of Mike James' show with songs by 10CC and Billy Preston. Later heard Jack Russel playing the Doors and the Who, with some talk about offshore radio recordings. S7-S8 signal strength, SINPO 33333 when the ute and pescadores were silent. (Maroti-NY)