WMR jammed by Dutch Radio

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

westcoast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by westcoast »

maybe , when Europe became one, its possible in whole europe to run an powerstation :P
the End of the Wood /low power stations or otherwise bigger batteries or generatorsets ?
i like free radio, not rules
Box73
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Box73 »

I am afraid Andy is right :? It's just a matter of priorities...
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

I Like Westcoast's idea!

Run a MEGASTATION from the woods of central Europe,with an endless supply of car batteries and prerecorded programmes from Pirates all over Europe!

It's nice to dream....................hang on........where is somewhere with plenty of woods and a nice high location in the middle of Europe?

MARCEEEEL!!!!!!!!!!

Only joking people!

Seriously though.I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens,but in the meantime all you Dutch operators should think long and hard about the fact that in years to come 2004 - 2007(2009?) might well be regarded as "The Golden Years".

Use the time well!!

Andy Richards.

andyrichardz@msn.com
Dave
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Dave »

Personally, I don't think I should retract anything I have said.
WMR Scotland have used this frequency week in week out, no anoucement needed, Also it's hardly QRP!
For those that don't know the international definition of QRP is 5 watts!!!!
so anything over could be deemed as QRO!

Dave
For any reports on WNKR broadcasts, please Send to wnkr@rock.com
or SMS to + 44 (0)7961096954
WNKR website The Commando and Corsair TXs.
RadioRamona
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by RadioRamona »

So if nothing is heard on 3910 we should keep it clear?
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Dave,

Dave Martin said;
>WMR Scotland have used this frequency week in week out, no >anouncement needed,

How long exactly have WMR been using this frequency?

I may be ill informed but I only heard fairly recently that they were on 76m,let alone laying claims to particular frequencies.

And as Ramona has said above.So if the frequency seems clear you still avoid it?

Sorry Dave.Doesn't work for me.I do appreciate the hard work that goes into running a station like WMR and that it is a real pisser when,through no fault of your own,all your work goes to waste.But these things happen.I really don't think you can blame anyone.I certainly don't think there are many(If any) Pirates operating now,that would jam another station on purpose.
"Accidents will happen".

Andy Richards.

andyrichardz@msn.com
Johnno
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Johnno »

Hi, I just want to clarify a few points before this gets out of hand.

1) The operator of RAI switched off as soon as he was aware of the problem so no damage done. A geniune mistake.

2) Do WMR really need to announce every week that they will be on 3910?
After all, they have been on this frequency for 8 consecutive Saturday evenings starting at 17:00 hrs, 2 hours before Obi2 announced that he was on 3910. A check of the logs as posted by various people will show this.

3) Regarding Obi2's comments about WMR using QRP, whether its a kilowatt or a few watts, if the conditions aren't right the signal will not be heard either way. Its not QRP,by the way, its over 100 watts. WMR deliberately keep the power down as it covers the intended area very well without running at full power.

4) Obi2 has a signature that is "lifes too short for QRP"...There is another saying in pirate radio where I live "If you don't use it, You lose it".
WMR have monitored, and continue to monitor, the channels it uses and, to the best of my knowledge, have not heard any other op on or close to 3910 during the times it uses it. While I'm sure that WMR don't lay claim to any particular frequency, it's regular use of the channel is better than an op who only uses it once in a blue moon.

And finally, I'm certain the WMR intend to use 3910 this weekend as normal.

J
Box73
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Box73 »

I am sure no none-official station can make a frequency claim. Or do you have some (secret) agreements with the I.T.U ?. 8)

Why bother Andy, listeners can always tune to 6400 when 3910 is occupied. :twisted:

I am afraid you/we will have to tolerate some interference when there a more than two/three or even more stations active on 76m. If you would like to be sure about a free and clear channel I would avoid 3905-3910.

First come, first served, I would say.

(It's beginning to look like the FM scene overhere) :cry:
RadioRamona
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by RadioRamona »

The 76 meter band is too narrow to claim a frequency there.
but i'm sure it will work out, We don't need FM mentality on shortwave, that's one of the reasons i like shortwave so much, and to hear how the foreign pirates make radio programs.
Tom
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Tom »

:(
Tom
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Tom »

:?
Tom
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Tom »

:lol:
Tom
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Tom »

:o
Tom
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Tom »

:lol: :lol:
westcoast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by westcoast »

Tom wrote::lol: :lol:
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow:
i like free radio, not rules