Sierra Whiskey Tango.

Here Stations and Listeners can anounce pirate transmisions on Medium and Short wave

Moderator: Moderators group

Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Sierra Whiskey Tango.

Post by Bycross Radio »

Hi to all! SWT is relativly new to the pirate radio scene, our new Shortwave transmitter having only recently been built. For more information on our history, please click on the link below.

SWT shall be running half a watt of power from North Dorset at 10 PM(GMT) this friday, the 10/11/06. Operating frequncy will be 29.498MHZ- not ideal, but the only one we have crystals for! Transmission will be short, of five-ten minute duration and will be in CW mode. expected range is only 6-10 miles under optimum conditions, so we do not expect mass reports. Yes, I admit, we are small-fry- but everyone has to start somewhere!

http://www.henhouse.8k.com/index_1.html
fi6jsp
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by fi6jsp »

G'day!

I personally try listen on your b.cast..
What polarization your antenna will be?

I could try listen on CB area antenna on Vertical and 150m wire horizontal 235° (Direction to English channel [Strait of Dover]), but good quess is that I'll not hear anything...

Sincerely,
Jussi (fi6jsp)
Finland
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Mainly horizontal... Why mainly? Its a long line with a verticle feed in to the middle! Antenna is orientated roughly North/South, if that helps. I think a CB whip might be a better idea one of these days... But a measured and (hopefully!) balanced wire is simple and cheap.
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Hello SWT,

22H00 UTC to 22H07 UTC not signal, sorry.
Marcel/France
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Mo problem mate. Thanks for making the effort when it seemed a lost cause in the first place! Time, me thinks, to look at some corsair TX designs...
fi6jsp
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by fi6jsp »

Well, good luck next time..

I hope, you'll find another crystal, to b.cast. Almost 30MHz ain't good for b.casting until next sunspot maximum. (Or very severe aurora)

Jussi, Finland
Koskenkorvan RadioHullut KRH
Radio-club for all radio activities in Finland
http://www.radiohullut.net/
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Thanks! To be honest, I can put up with the TX's limitations for the moment- after all, it cost practically nothing! Most of the bits were scavenged off old circuit boards, and the 'crystal' is a DIL8 package off a scrap computor graphics card. Anyway, I hope to be looking at a set next weekend- someone has pointed me in the direction of an ex-military Shortwave transceiver (all valve and vintage!) and I might be making an offer...
Fingers crossed!

Post by Guest »

I do like the name!
Though I doubt the train company near you South West Trains - SWT will :lol: :lol:
Nice one!
I will have to dig out the old reciever to try and pick you up!
ZB
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Thanks! There is a little history behind it - When I built my first ever HF transmitter, it was a beacon sending the morse letter 's'. When operation was being written up in logs, I used to put it down as 'S' W/T (Beacon 'S', Wireless Telegrapthy). Hence all further hf transmisions became SWT, even when using AM. My webpage is updated fairly regularly, and brings you all the major events in my saga to get back properly on shortwave and, ultimately, to build a decent shortwave AM transmitter.