Anyone Know What's Up With WMR?

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Anyone Know What's Up With WMR?

Post by Jock Wilson »

Anyone Know What's Up With WMR?Their website has been abandoned!Stan, are you there?Any inside info?
jan
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by jan »

WMR - 3910/ 3945 & 6400kHz

Weekend Music Radio latest - station news page.
Last update December 30th 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR FAITHFUL LISTENERS
AND A HUGE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN 2007

WMR LIVE CHATROOM OPEN WHEN ON AIR ONLY
Copy from google cache, didn't he pay for the webhosting :pirate-remind: #-o
stan
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by stan »

there has been no contact from jack to say what happened ,a lot of things could have happened ,not paying bills,may be the wmr studio was even broken into and all his gear stolen, maybe scottish new year was too much for him and blabbed to someone and the authorities raided him,so jack please update us asap....
Dave
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Dave »

There is not much I can say but what is happening is precautionary.
When every thing is resolved, here will be one of the first places to know!
As for not paying for the web hosting, I know it's a old joke but not all Scots are tight! That'll be a tenner then Jack!!

Dave
For any reports on WNKR broadcasts, please Send to wnkr@rock.com
or SMS to + 44 (0)7961096954
WNKR website The Commando and Corsair TXs.
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

Below is what appears on the WMR website at present:

"The domain wmrscotland.com has expired. Please contact your domain name registration service provider for further assistance. If you need help identifying your service provider, visit http://domainhelp.tucows.com. "

I'm surprised that Jack hasn't posted in this thread to elucidate.Let's hope that that's not because he's unable to do so due to incarceration!
stan
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by stan »

Hello Jock, I have heard a few rumours regarding wmr ,the most plosible is that the wmr mother got sick of all his gear cluttering up places and threw it in the burn at the back,as i said before this is unconfirmed ,so please jack tell us what is going on before things get out of hand and i think they are starting to go that way.
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

It wouldn't surprise me if the WMR mother,the mother of all mothers,had chucked the transmitting gear into the burn!
RadioRamona
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by RadioRamona »

I don't know, but around here the flu goes around, i have it, maybe Jack too overthere as i heard Andy Walker has the flu too on the WMR test broadcast.
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

But domains do not expire because of flu!Let's hope that everything is ok there,but what has happened with the website does not bode well for the future.
stan
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by stan »

I do not think jack has the flu, but he maybe fuu (scottish for drunk)

let us know asap jack....please we dont want to see a real station go off like so many others have done in the past.
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

Stan,even Jack,who can "take a bucket",couldn't manage to be "fuu" for such a long time following New Year's Day.
But his passion for talking in contrast to his lack of posting in here is worrying.(He himself would be the first to admit talking is his favourite pastime).That's why his lack of response to this thread makes me think he's "lying low",just like a fox being hunted,on account of something bad that has recently happened at WMR!
But I could be way off the mark!I just don't know.
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

Hello Jock & Stan,

I have been using the internet for many years.Even before the WWW started properly.In those days they used to have a name for people like you...........TROLLS!!!

TROLLS were stupid people who posted to antagonise & create a reaction.I don't think you'll have much luck on this forum.........

My questions are;Who are you?And why are you making these posts?

I suspect you are ex-Scottish Pirates with an axe to grind...............................for foreign readers,that means old Pirates who are jealous of WMR's success.

Come on "Jock" & "Stan".......defend yourselves or bugger off!!!!

Andy Richards.

andyrichardz@msn.com
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

An afterthought,from my past experience you are probably two prats closer to London!

Andy Richards.

andyrichardz@msn.com
Johnno
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Johnno »

Jack managed to get a message to me from the Funny Farm he is currently "residing" in. He said he should be released in a day or so and if the electronic tag doesn't interfere with the wireless internet connection, the website should be back up by the weekend. With a new look as well. 8)
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

"Hi alec,
that richards is a prick, he knows fuck all about wmr, and fuck all about free radio i think you should do one of your very atriculate repies to him , saying e is a big headed english twat ect and it proves how thick he is by not knowing who jock wilson is ,you could mention that you have been into fradio before he was born and what does he call wmr successfull for and why....."

from a fellow alfa lima member.

What's the world coming to these days?I dread to think!
By the way,I'm in the PRC,and,as far as I know,Stan's in Caledonia.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss,but not so in Andy Richards' case,methinks!

Back to the point of this thread,no need to get sidetracked!I reckon that Jack is out of circulation at the moment.Probably in hospital,but possibly
in the nick.If the former,I wish him a speedy recovery.If the latter,a light fine.OK,I'll not be posting in this thread in the future.But I'll be monitoring it for news of Jack.Thanks for your kind e-mail,Jim.Don't let Andy wind you up.Also,thanks to Stan for trying to solve the mystery,even though he hasn't managed to do so.Bye all.