Europirate Logs from New York

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

curious george
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Europirate Logs from New York

Post by curious george »

As I'm typing this, I also hear Radio Waves International on 11401 kHz at 1800 UTC. Music fading in and out, very weak, but relatively noise free.
--------------------------------

Although conditions were rather poor this past week, with a lot of summer-like static crashes, I was pleasantly rewarded with two new stations heard during my evening hours (Westcoast Radio and Valley Wave International). I tried an early morning check of the bands around 0600 UTC on Sunday morning, but only came up with a few carriers.

Happy Easter to All,

George

PIRATE (Euro). 6275, Radio Free London (presumed), 0253-0309 Mar 27, Despite trying for this several times over the weekend, they never came in well. The best I could manage is that I recognized a song by the Moody Blues at 0255. No ID heard. (Maroti-NY)

PIRATE (Euro). 6290.75, Valley Wave International, 2228-2315 Mar 26, Heard some 60's music, then later electronic music which is what Valley Wave typically plays. No announcements were made during the entire time. Signal peaked at about S7, but this frequency was plagued with utility QRM on both sidebands. Contact with the operator confirmed it was them. (Maroti-NY)

PIRATE (Euro). 6301.8, Westcoast Radio, 2340-0023 Mar 24, Trying out a new 48 meter half-wave dipole, I was pleasantly surprised to hear this one so late. I recognized "Aqualung", but couldn't copy what the male DJ said, as voice modulation was lower than that for the music. They were running 80 watts at the time. SINPO 23222. (Maroti-NY)

PIRATE (Euro). 6306.4, Valley Wave International, 2324-2350 Mar 26, Once they left 6290, I started tuning around again, and found them here. Positive ID and a portion of a telephone number was heard. Unfortunately, the QRM seemed to follow them here; the frequency was clear earlier. Recognized the operators voice as the same I've heard from Radio Uranium International. The ionosphere was disturbed, with the A index at 16. SINPO 22222. (Maroti-NY)