Bycross Radio

Here Stations and Listeners can anounce pirate transmisions on Medium and Short wave

Moderator: Moderators group

Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

7:30 would be difficult, although not impossible, to Broadcast... Perhaps I'll make a morning attempt tomorrow?...
R Spaceshuttle
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by R Spaceshuttle »

8) Hello Mr Rob of Bycross Radio,
We are listening, let's go.... So morningtime 7.30 and perhaps evening from 13:30 UTC...

:twisted: Dick of Spacemachine.... hic...
R Spaceshuttle
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by R Spaceshuttle »

Sorry, meaning.... chick, of cource

Greetings,
hic... Dick of hic.... hic hic.....
:twisted: Spaccsssssshhutttle
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Many thanks! :D I have just re-done the feedline joints on the antenna and trimmed it up. Antenna now higher and with a little more space - Found a shortcircuit in the feed! Any movent was causing intermittent shorting... replaced coax, Just made an hours test. TX running much, much cooler. I'll try 6:30 onwards to around 7:45 tomorrow, although those times are not set in stone. It depends when I get up!
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Just an update. With the new antenna arrangement we have recieved and confirmed two reports on seperate occasions from london, approx 200 miles from our QTH. The antenna is doing something! The mod was reportedly low, so we turn up the volume next time! :lol:

Should be on again 3:30 - 4:30 BST Tuesday and Thursday, Many thanks to those who try and listen.
Dave
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Dave »

Bycross Radio wrote:Just an update. With the new antenna arrangement we have recieved and confirmed two reports on seperate occasions from london, approx 200 miles from our QTH. The antenna is doing something! The mod was reportedly low, so we turn up the volume next time! :lol:

Should be on again 3:30 - 4:30 BST Tuesday and Thursday, Many thanks to those who try and listen.
God it's hard work!! Then again nobody said it would be easy!!!
Keep it up!

Dave.
For any reports on WNKR broadcasts, please Send to wnkr@rock.com
or SMS to + 44 (0)7961096954
WNKR website The Commando and Corsair TXs.
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Many thanks for your support Dave, I'll give you a mention on air :D

Spent this weekend recording a show with 'ogre', so both of us present it. As the weather was so nice we decided to record it outside - if you hear any birdsong on 48 meters, is probably us!

Many diffrent songs picked out a random, from 'Spaceman' by babylon zoo to 'Through fire and flame' by Dragon Force... Quite a varied show!

Best of luck my friends :lol:

International Bycross Radio, 6278 kilocycles, 48 meters shortwave.
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Hello Bycross Radio,

I have Send to you two Private Mail to you, one of Alfa Lima and one of your address.
Kind regards
Marcel/France
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Message recieved, QSL printed :D
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Bycross Radio wrote:Just an update. With the new antenna arrangement we have recieved and confirmed two reports on seperate occasions from london, approx 200 miles from our QTH. The antenna is doing something! The mod was reportedly low, so we turn up the volume next time! :lol:

Hello Bycross,

Hour BST !!! is Local or UTC Time !!! can you gave in UTC please I confuse Hi.........This afternoon I hear at 3H30 !!!!!

Regards
Marcel
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/
Dave
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Dave »

MARCEL wrote:

Hello Bycross,

Hour BST !!! is Local or UTC Time !!! can you gave in UTC please I confuse Hi.........This afternoon I hear at 3H30 !!!!!

Regards
Marcel
Marcel, he means (I think) 14:30 - 15:30 UTC.

Dave
For any reports on WNKR broadcasts, please Send to wnkr@rock.com
or SMS to + 44 (0)7961096954
WNKR website The Commando and Corsair TXs.
curious george
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Tuesday

Post by curious george »

Trying to hear you on a web receiver in the UK. Nothing on 6277.8 as of 1434 UTC.

Are you on the air now?
curious george
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Bowie

Post by curious george »

Heard "John, I'm only Dancing" by David Bowie at 1436 UTC, then audio cut out. Was that you? Sounded pretty good.

Sat on 6277.8 kHz until 1540 UTC, at which point I stopped listening. Nothing heard other than the brief bit from Bowie.
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Could be... i'll ask ogre what he played. (I wasn't running the TX today).
Edit: I see the forum clock hasn't changed yet...

Re-edit: Its in our song list, but ogre is fairly Sure he didn’t play it … :( I thank you for trying to listen. We seem to be very hit and miss…

One DXer in london, living in a high-rise 60 feet above the ground, has logged consecutive transmissions several times and sent us varying reports, many of which (transmissions, that is) I hadn't annouced anywhere. He was using a 48 meterband dipole antenna strung inside his hall, along with a drake (i think) reciever...

Most ‘loggings’ are coming through our E-mail address, and one person has listed us as 6279, another as 6276… This may just be inaccurate freq dials or logging, - how difficult is it to pull a TX off frequency? The corsair seems to be very stable, and is running much cooler and more efficiently now the antenna has been sorted… Do you know where this web receiver is based?

Sorry, So many questions!
curious george
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by curious george »

The web receiver is based in Nottingham. I was tuned in USB at the time, tuned to 6277.8 kHz, and the audio came on after several minutes of dead air. The audio sounded natural, so I was close to zero-beating the carrier.

I've yet to tune you with a real communications receiver, but I'd say whatever frequency Dr. Tim logged you on the past week, is your actual carrier frequency. I doubt your rig is drifting.

Those other reports you have may have come from DXers who don't have a proper radio with SSB capability so they can zero-beat the carrier frequency. They just reported the frequency that you sounded best on. Either that, or they were actually hearing someone else at the time.

I'll try my best on Thursday, but please be sure to announce your start time in UTC, not BST.