Bycross Radio

Here Stations and Listeners can anounce pirate transmisions on Medium and Short wave

Moderator: Moderators group

Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Bycross Radio

Post by Bycross Radio »

Hi all! Bycross Radio is planning to be on air using 10 watts on 6278 (6277.8 ) Khz this week.
First up, Tomorrow (Tuesday) from 3:30pm local time, playing various Robbie Williams tracks for about an hour before sign off.

The next transmission after will be Thursday 3:30 PM local, with a 40 minute 'Giants of Rock' program. Frequency, again, will be 6277.8khz.

We plan to stick to 3:30 - if we are not on in time the PX will be delayed to 4:00 PM.
All transmissions weather permitting - we will not be on if I can't get the antenna up!

For various reasons the station will not be on at weekends for quite a while, so we are hoping the band stays open longer into the evenings...

All the best, Rob and crew of Bycross Radio
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Hello Rob and crew of Bycross Radio,

I hear not signal from You, I hear at 15H30 to this moment 16H13 utc !!!!!
Marcel
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

:( Transmitter off @ 16:20, last 5 minutes composed of Narrow Bandwith TeleVision transmissions.

We have a lot of antenna work to do...
MARCEL
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by MARCEL »

Bycross I have not receive Signal in my location. Problem it is that you are ever right that you say Hi ........ and now it is too late I did not see your Mail before 16. 40 UTC it is for next time.
Marcel
Receiver:
ICOM R.70 and ICOM IC.729
DRM - Di-Wave 100
Vertical antenna 5/8 wave CB
Long wire 50 meters
http://14zk192.free.fr/
curious george
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Antenna Problems?

Post by curious george »

I wasn't able to hear you while listening on a web receiver in the UK. Have you checked your coax; are you sure you don't have a short somewhere?

What type of antenna are you using for these transmissions?
achim
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by achim »

Hi
heard short ID at 1529 Utc This is Bycross Radio O=3 on around 6280 Khz. Then disappeared. At around 1540 Utc legal station was fading in on 6280 Khz. There was also some SSB-traffic on frequency.
Unfortunatelly I have no recording as I was too late with my audio equipment.

73 achim
--
RX: NRD 525 GF ANT: ARA 30
QTH: Detmold 5156 N 852 E
http://www.freeradio.de
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Antenna is an Inverted L, centre fed. I shall go take the ruddy thing down again and go through it after Thursdays test. Iding as 'Bycross Radio', 'International Bycross Radio' and 'Bycross AM' (I have also been playing a mix of old programming from the former MW tapes). Playing a music ID every 5-10 mins, A snippet of REMs 'Radio Free Europe'.
Dave
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Dave »

Bycross Radio wrote:Antenna is an Inverted L, centre fed. I shall go take the ruddy thing down again and go through it after Thursdays test. Iding as 'Bycross Radio', 'International Bycross Radio' and 'Bycross AM' (I have also been playing a mix of old programming from the former MW tapes). Playing a music ID every 5-10 mins, A snippet of REMs 'Radio Free Europe'.
Rob could you clarify what you mean by "Antenna is an Inverted L, centre fed" Like I said before your best bet is a half wave dipole, easy to make and easy to put up.

Dave.
For any reports on WNKR broadcasts, please Send to wnkr@rock.com
or SMS to + 44 (0)7961096954
WNKR website The Commando and Corsair TXs.
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Large verticle leg up to the third story of a building, before going horizontal through the length of the roof space. This arrangement is centre fed.
radiopirate
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by radiopirate »

Bycross- you need to make sure that both elements are horizontal if you can - or you won't get out as well at all!

The height off the ground should ideally be a 1/4 wave (37 foot in your case) especiallly at the midlle (or feed point) of the dipole. You can take the wires down from there at an angle if you wish, it will make the radiation angle change and the efficiency will drop- but it will work though :D

Now read my lips..... The key words are keep the dipole in FREE SPACE!!!
I used to think I was the only crazy person around, 'till I found this place :-)
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Feed point is 34 feet!. I know this arrangement is not ideal. Have more coax on order to make an antenna for use in some nearby woods. Calculator gives 22.7 as optimum lenght... Shall order another 30 meters. (extra coax shall form feedline).

Woods= Height and horizontal space.
Woods= carrying batteries, antennas and TX!
radiopirate
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by radiopirate »

Woods= Height and horizontal space.
Woods= carrying batteries, antennas and TX!
Whatcha moanin' about? When I was your age, I used to relish carrying rigs and batteries in to the woods!!!
Last edited by radiopirate on Mon Apr 02, 2007 13:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to think I was the only crazy person around, 'till I found this place :-)
curious george
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Antenna

Post by curious george »

Bycross,

Planning any more tests today?

I am still trying to visualize your inverted-L antenna, that you say is center fed.

Is the total length of the inverted L a half-wavelength of your operating frequency?

Is it comprised of two equal sections, with an insulator in the middle? And your coax is connected to the two sections where the center insulator is?

What I'm trying to figure out is if you really have a half-wave dipole, that you happened to install in a rather unconventional fashion out of necessity due to your operating location? Or, are you just using a random piece of wire connected to an antenna tuner?
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

A very unusual half wave dipole! total lentgh is 20 meters. An ATU would be useful, but I don't have the money. We did go out briefly from 15:30 - 16:00utc, and I have just got back from the woods. Have been tying up hook-on points for the Antenna.
achim
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by achim »

Hi,
was on frequency at around 1530 Utc but could not hear you. Eastside was on 6276 Khz at 1540 Utc and the legal one on 6280 Khz makes also some interference.
I have good reception of UK-stations at around 0730 Utc. Both BRI and WMR were quite strong at that time. Then frequency might be free.

73 achim
--
RX: NRD 525 GF ANT: ARA 30
QTH: Detmold 5156 N 852 E
http://www.freeradio.de