Are evening broadcasts taking over from Sunday mornings?

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Scott
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Are evening broadcasts taking over from Sunday mornings?

Post by Dave Scott »

Once again we have excellent conditions on SW during the evenings this week. With stations such as Merlin with just 10 Watts and Wizard with 20W putting out good signals.

At the traditional listening time of Sunday mornings these signals would probably go unheard. Most Sundays you're looking at 200-300W minimum to make an impact.

Most evenings now you can hear at least 5-6 stations with decent reception.

So the question is, are evening broadcasts taking over from the traditional Sunday mornings as THE time time be on the air?

Cheers

Dave
Caroline
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Re: Are evening broadcasts taking over from Sunday mornings?

Post by Caroline »

Hi Dave,

you are right, conditions at this time are in the evenings/nights MUCH better than at daytime!

Therefore we e.g. will transmit no longer on sunday mornings, but only at any evenings and nights - and I think, we are not the only one, haha!!!

Greetings,
Radio Caroline/Rainbow International. :veryhi
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

I don't think they are.This is just a temporary "Window of Opportunity".......:-)

Just make the most of it.

Most of us are still tuning around on Sunday mornings!

Andy Richards.
rossrevenge
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by rossrevenge »

sunday evening 15/5/ 11, was a busy time for uk stations.merlin, underground, wizzard radio, telstar. plus a few unids.who was that on 6.416, also 6.425.? merlin had 2 tx, running. the 6.285 was the best signal for me.marconi was also heard. irish radio.so a good night of entertaintment on the 48 band.evening broadcast,s r ok. but one wonders, how many do listen.? thats the burning question. undreground, merlin, what was your response like>? :D
merlin
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by merlin »

rossrevenge wrote:sunday evening 15/5/ 11, was a busy time for uk stations.merlin, underground, wizzard radio, telstar. plus a few unids.who was that on 6.416, also 6.425.? merlin had 2 tx, running. the 6.285 was the best signal for me.marconi was also heard. irish radio.so a good night of entertaintment on the 48 band.evening broadcast,s r ok. but one wonders, how many do listen.? thats the burning question. undreground, merlin, what was your response like>? :D
We had a fantistic reponse 6285 was not merlin but radio Victoria relaying our web stream with a 100 watt tx just testing his rig out so many thanks for the relay .
6305 was just 10 watts.We had over 50 people on our web stream which had video running from the studio 6285 went off about 11 pm but 6305 khz kept going until 12.30
Because of all the phone calls and emails .I had to send out 37 QSL cards .It was the best reponse for along time thanks everyone that got in touch and took part in the broadcast . I know you all enjoyed the web cast have to do it again soon .Merlin will be on low power until sometime in July ,becuase of technical reasons which I cant say on here.Other reason we cant be on as regularly as we would like to are due to famliy problems which I hope to get sorted out as soon as poss.This is our live web stream address livefrom the studio http://www.ustream.tv/channel/radio-mer ... ernational there is always something running when we are not live so check it out
paul watt
73s 51s