SRE Testing on 6260

Here Stations and Listeners can anounce pirate transmisions on Medium and Short wave

Moderator: Moderators group

Sonnet Radio Europe
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

SRE Testing on 6260

Post by Sonnet Radio Europe »

SRE Testing on 6260, reports welcome at sonnetradio@hotmail.com
Sonnet Radio Europe
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Gremlins

Technicals problems got us off to a bad start to the day today, thanks for those who tried to tune in. Hopefully we'll get things sorted.

If anyone knows a contact number / email for Bill from Live Wire, I'd appreciate if you could let him know we are trying to get in touch with him, not been in touch with the guy for 7 years so I've lost his number / email.

Thanks
SRE
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

Nothing heard anywhere in the 48-mb. False alarm?
Disappointed, as I stayed up past 0240 local time, to hear nothing. :?

a sleepy and disappointed Alex
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Hoax?

Post by avranesjr »

Hmmm, still no reply or follow-up. :-k
Starting to wonder if this was all an elaborate hoax? :-s :doubt:

A still disappointed although no longer sleepy Alex
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

If you manage to get an e-mail address for Bill Lewis of the former shortwave pirate, LIVE WIRE RADIO, please PM it to me, as he and I used to be good friends years ago up to the time I left the UK. I too would like to get his e-mail address.
I hope you're able to resolve your technical problems at SRE as soon as possible. Good luck!
Sonnet Radio Europe
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Re: Hoax?

avranesjr wrote:Hmmm, still no reply or follow-up. :-k
Starting to wonder if this was all an elaborate hoax? :-s :doubt:

A still disappointed although no longer sleepy Alex
Hi, sorry about the early call but we suffered another set back with the modulator failing on our solid state rig. The rig is now back in the US being repaired whilst we put the problem down to a troublesome antenna that suddenly increased in SWR.

We have ordered a Valve rig too via Nova and are expecting delivery in a month or so.

We are not a hoax and hope to be on air real soon. I was peed off as we'd recorded a hoast of programmes to go on air over this Easter Weekend.

We have fixed the antenna problem thanks to TX R US lending us an antenna analyser in exchange for a kebab or two.

You'll find us on the 48m band sometime soon, next time we won't announce it as we seem to tempt fate everytime we do.

Regards,

SRE
Sonnet Radio Europe
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

[quote="Jock Wilson"]If you manage to get an e-mail address for Bill Lewis of the former shortwave pirate, LIVE WIRE RADIO, please PM it to me, as he and I used to be good friends years ago up to the time I left the UK. I too would like to get his e-mail address.
I hope you're able to resolve your technical problems at SRE as soon as possible. Good luck![/quote

Hi Jock,

I've had no success as yet in contacting Bill. Shame, he is a real nice guy and I'd like to contact him too.

Thanks for the support, we are slowly getting our sh*t together, some lazy short cuts lead us to blowing a PWM modulator in our new solid state rig. We are purchasing a Valve rig as the main rig and will be using the solid state as a back up in future. Phil at TX R Us has helped out with fixing our antenna by letting us use his antenna analyser to sort out the antenna.

If I do manage to track down Bill's email, I let him know and forward his email on to you,

Regards,

SRE
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

I've had no success as yet in contacting Bill. Shame, he is a real nice guy and I'd like to contact him too. If I do manage to track down Bill's email, I let him know and forward his email on to you.

Hi SRE,
Thank you very much for offering to forward his e-mail address if you are able to get it.
Alan Hayes of the former Scottish shortwave pirate Radio Gloria International might have it. But I don't know how you can contact him!
I'm glad to learn that you're managing to deal with your TX problems. If you could contact Bill, I'm sure he'd be happy to give you first class technical advice.
I hope you can come on the air soon.
Best wishes,
JW