Britian Radio Int. pissed off ??

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Britian Radio Int. pissed off ??

Post by Guest »

Normally I don't listen to foreign free radio stations, because my interest goes out to Dutch stations on FM, MW and SW. No bad intentions, but everybody has his interest, right ??

But today I came across a signal on 6236 kHz, with a information segment of Britian Radio. Sounds to me they are pissed off because of QRM of other stations. I don't know how long they will repeat the segment, but if you can, listen in and maybe tell what you think about the whole thing.

As for me, I've listend from 11:00h to 13:30h local time, and I have to say, I haven't heard a signal on 6240 kHz. Conditions were going up and down and maybe Border Hunter didn't hear BRI before he signed on ??
alfred
Site Admin
Site Admin

Border

Post by alfred »

I know Borderhunter, and for sure that he did it not on purpuse, BRI needs to be a bit more carefull [-X when making sutch acusations as they know sutch can happen, especialy when we have sutch deep fadings conditions
www.alfalima.net
alfred.zoer [ad] straatklus.nl
Dave
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Re: Border

Post by Dave »

alfred wrote:I know Borderhunter, and for sure that he did it not on purpuse, BRI needs to be a bit more carefull [-X when making sutch acusations as they know sutch can happen, especialy when we have sutch deep fadings conditions
Alfred, I don't think this was aimed at anyone in particular, certainly not borderhunter, BRI would have recorded their progs a week ago, so they are allmost certainally refering to other stations.
Dave.(Shit why do I keep backing up other op's?Iget enough grief as it is.)
For any reports on WNKR broadcasts, please Send to wnkr@rock.com
or SMS to + 44 (0)7961096954
WNKR website The Commando and Corsair TXs.
alfred
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay David,

Post by alfred »

Okay David,, I think that i was also to fast with judgeing. It is a pity that this topic stays alive between operators from the Netherlands and the UK, I guess it is more a sort of distance problem,, on this distance when an operator is listening out on a frequency before they use it it is due the distance that active stations are not heard. maybe a split up of 48 mb ( an dutch/german and uk area ...would be an idea.. still you should have everyone cooperating with sutch and thats very unlikely. or maybe my idea is stupid, hehehe, anyway,, fact is, we can get along big time david, we should be an example for all the dutchy's and ukers. :D
www.alfalima.net
alfred.zoer [ad] straatklus.nl

Post by Guest »

Sadly enough, Borderhunter WAS mentioned in that segment as the station on 6245 causing QRM to BRI on 6240. I think they recorded it, changed freq to 6236 and looped the segment.

I still don't understand why the grieve between Dutch and UK stations is still going on. I thought that it was going pretty well the last couple of months.
silentkeyradio

britain radio international

Post by silentkeyradio »

I heard this announcement too.

firstly I am sure no station deliberately switches on over the top of another. there is no point. As others have mentioned, if you are in a fade you just might not hear a station that is S9 a few miles down the road.

secondly BRI are relayed via JRR. I know he runs reasonable power but I need short skip to be able to here him consistently well. Plus from this location his chosen frequency is very prone to qrm - not necessarily from other pirates - Dutch or otherwise.

On the whole I think we regulate ourselves reasonably well. Yes these things happen occasionally - but let's not turn it into a war
Andy Richards

Post by Andy Richards »

Well said Silentkey!

This weekend was very busy & I even heard Dutch stations coming on top of Dutch stations & know as a fact that it was not deliberate,but just that they could not hear them!As you say,these things happen,let it not spoil the friendships we have between Dutch & UK Ops.
Also,lets remember,the shortwave scene seems to be growing,besides UK,Dutch,Belgian & German stations this weekend had good signals from Radio City in Sweden & Radio Waves International from France.

Andy Richards.

AndyRichardz@msn.com

www.freewebs.com/radiofloss

Post by Guest »

Well said indeed. O well, SW scene is growing and I will put in my two pennies in a month or two ;)
borderhunter

QRM Britain radio/Borderhunter

Post by borderhunter »

I did listening as I do always before I start a transmission.
Im proud to can say I did hear really nothing before I started.
But a big sorry for Britian radio.
People who know me must know that this is not my style.
I mentioned many times during my broadcast my telephonenumber and email adress for a direct contact. When someone did told me about this problem Ive been the first who stop the transmission. But nobody told me about this. So no reson for anyone to be angry on me.
Frans,operator Borderhunter. :oops:
Dave
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Re: QRM Britain radio/Borderhunter

Post by Dave »

borderhunter wrote:I did listening as I do always before I start a transmission.
Im proud to can say I did hear really nothing before I started.
But a big sorry for Britian radio.
People who know me must know that this is not my style.
I mentioned many times during my broadcast my telephonenumber and email adress for a direct contact. When someone did told me about this problem Ive been the first who stop the transmission. But nobody told me about this. So no reson for anyone to be angry on me.
Frans,operator Borderhunter. :oops:
Borderhunter, we know that you didn't do it on purpose.
I think, and sorry to BRI, that JRR who does the relays,expects the band to be clear until he deems to transmit, but it just dont work tht way.
With LHH on 24/7 anyone on their freq could be called jamming. But BRI is on air sporadically(OK Bi monthly), so they should not expect the freq to be kept clear.
Mind you deliberate interferance is something different, although I seen no evidence of this happening.
(Sorry Roger this is an observation, not a personal attack).
God I have left myself wide open for attack on this one !!!

Mind you "It's good to talk".
Dave.
For any reports on WNKR broadcasts, please Send to wnkr@rock.com
or SMS to + 44 (0)7961096954
WNKR website The Commando and Corsair TXs.
rob007
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by rob007 »

I have also received the transmission from Britain radio !

I know Frans (The border hunter) real good!
He would never do this on purpose, :arrow: NEVER :!: :!: :!:

And I think that Britain radio made a mistake, :oops:
Also I think that it is good to talk it over.
Maybe that Britain radio will give a reaction? :idea:
Everyone makes mistakes and so let it be! :wink:

RadioRob007….Rob.
SW-MW-FM Pirates that’s the hobby!
Andy Rchards

Post by Andy Rchards »

This is exactly the case.Anyone who knows or listens to Borderhunter has an idea of his personality.BRI made a BAD mistake & should be men enough to say so.By the way,Frans,excellent signal this week,best ever!!!

Andy Richards.