Logs from pirates on mediumwave.
Logs van Middengolf piraten (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

London Calling.

Post by Andy Richards »

I agree with PJK,it is hard to ID some of the MW Stations.I think it is because they play mainly to a Dutch audience so they don't feel the need to repeat the station name as often as SW stations do.
Quite a busy weekend,with good conditions & I'm sure there will be more activity tonight.

Friday 31/08/07

1647Khz – 2212-2217 – Radio Barones – 45434 – S9 + 20 – “Live Foreverâ€
Box73
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Re: London Calling.

Post by Box73 »

Andy Richards wrote: 1656Khz – 2151-2156 – Radio Boomerang? – 34433 – S8 – Dutch Music.
No, I am afraid not. :D (No antenna available any more)

Nevertheless, it's always interesting to read the MW logging. You have at least one reader...

Concerning the ID mentioning, I think you got a point. Most MW station don't bother about foreign listeneners and/or receptions reports.
Most of them play their music for the local audience and other nearby stations.
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Boomi,

Thanks for the comments.

It is even more difficult for us to ID a station when there is a large QSO happening,you really have to go on the Ops voice.Luckily some of the Ops have very distinctive voices.

I'm sorry to hear about your aerial but I'm sure your name was mentioned by the now UNID Op!

Conditions have been good on MW for quite a while now,so whilst SW is down it is worthwhile for Pirate listeners to have a tune around.I don't get time to listen too much except at weekends but from what I have heard there seems to be some activity almost every day.

Andy Richards..
Axel
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Axel »

Hello Andy,

nice show from Barones again but I heard same strange religious remarks. May be I listend to 6295? Do you know anything more about?

Best greetings

Axel