Logs from pirates on mediumwave.
Logs van Middengolf piraten (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a Pirate - "Pirate BBC Essex".

Post by Andy Richards »

In "Celebration" of 40 years since the MOA(Marine Offences Act - That closed most of the offshore Pirates in 1967),BBC Radio Essex have taken an old lightship(The LV18) out in the North Sea(Actually,one mile from Harwich!!) and have brought on board many old Pirate DJ's from the offshore days.
They have done this before,but for the 40th anniversary they have done well.I have just listened to a superb show from "Emperor Rosko"(Ex-Radio Caroline) and Johnnie Walker,Ed stewart & many more old DJ's are due to appear between now and 3pm(UK Time) on Tuesday the 14th August,which is when many stations closed.
I know,it's not real Pirate radio,but out of respect for these experienced old Pirates it's worth a listen......the shows are really pretty good.
They are on MW on 729,765 & 1530Khz,I suspect 765Khz will be the best into Europe.If you cant hear them then thay are on the web on the BBC website.
Catch them while you can......................these guys won't be around forever.

Andy Richards.
Box73
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Re: Not a Pirate - "Pirate BBC Essex".

Post by Box73 »

Andy Richards wrote:They are on MW on 729,765 & 1530Khz,I suspect 765Khz will be the best into Europe.
Unable to receive them overhere.

At least during the evening/night hours due to strong nearby stations.