Moderator: Moderators group

Kai
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

The weekend's MW log

Post by Kai »

All times UTC

FRI 11 FEB

2110 1629 Calypso with a long broadcast. 'Die alte Dampfeisenbahn', hello to Scirocco ... Het from (possibly Greek) station on nearby frequency. S4
2110 1655 Radio Barones S3-4
2115 1648 Radio Kristal with a music programme. Polka, ''t is kloten hier', e-mail address in English and Dutch ... Later on 1646 in QSO with Professor Sikbok. S2-3
2136 1640 Professor Sikbok (new one for me!) with polka and a report for Kristal. S2-3

SAT 12 FEB

1910 1654 James Bond played music and greeted listeners (the operator was very jolly tonight!) Strong, but occasional het from station(s?) on 1657. S4
1946 1668 Radio Barones S4
1931 1640 Wadloper 'van het puntje van de pier' tested a new antenna and played a very varied selection of music (marches, waltzes, Schlager, rock and pop). Three DJs tonight: Wadloper, Relmus and Dr. Einstein. Lively in the studio! Great! (I only wish they’d used the microphone even more!) Good signal, but het from weak station on around 1637. S3-4
1943 1620 Combinatie F16 playing 'Ik wil altijd bij je zijn'. Combinatie F16 sounds very much like a Dutch FM pirate (non-stop music for a long time, then shout-outs to a big bunch of listeners). S3
2046 1630 Unid. station playing 'Heaven is a place on earth'. Couldn't work out the ID. S3

It's interesting to see how Dutch medium-wave pirate radio has changed over the past ten years or so. In the 90s there were a lot of QSO stations on air in the evenings – even at weekends. Today the 183 metre band is dominated by 'platendraaiers' – stations playing music non-stop and sending out greetings to listeners a couple of times an hour or so or even less often (this is exactly what the FM pirates do, so perhaps many of today's platendraaiers are former FM stations who have abandoned an over-crowded FM band?). There's almost no space for QSO stations anymore. (I think this has been discussed on the Dutch AM Forum a couple of times, but I can't find the threads now.)

RX: Sangean ATS 909
ANT: indoor loop antenna

73, Kai in Oslo
calypso
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Re: The weekend's MW log

Post by calypso »

thanks kai greetings calipso radio
relmus radio
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by relmus radio »

1931 1640 Wadloper 'van het puntje van de pier' tested a new antenna and played a very varied selection of music (marches, waltzes, Schlager, rock and pop). Three DJs tonight: Wadloper, Relmus and Dr. Einstein. Lively in the studio! Great! (I only wish they’d used the microphone even more!) Good signal, but het from weak station on around 1637. S3-4

Thnaks for the report Kai , and greetings from the piont of the pier.
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

(I think this has been discussed on the Dutch AM Forum a couple of times...)
Correct Kai, some pirates say above the 1600hkz is for QSO, but what can we do about that? It's free radio.

btw, nice logging on mw, keep up the good work!