Logs van Middengolf piraten (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Kai
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

This weekend's MW log

Post by Kai »

SATURDAY FEB 5

1936 1675 Radio Barones – 'The Japanese Baro' – with good music (it was great to hear two Joan Baez records in a row!) and witty comments (I sat and chuckled, as usual). It's cool that you’re still using those jingles by Pirate Chat Dave, Johan! Do you still have the Swedish jingles? S4

I also listened to a QSO between a handful of stations from Twente (I guess) on +/- 1645 kHz at around 1830-1900 UTC. Mustang and Pecon (?) were heard quite well here (S2-3), while Wilskracht and Tamboer were a bit too weak (S1-2) to be copied well. Pecon had a bit of hum on his carrier.

SUNDAY FEB 6

Radio Atlantis is one of the most interesting medium-wave stations at the moment. I can't hear their 1521 kHz outlet here in Oslo (they're booming in at Arvid Husdal’s remote QTH on the south coast of Norway – take a listen to this: http://www.mediafire.com/?m290tdbu7nof3nm), but I occasionally listen to their stream at http://www.atlantisradio.tk/. This Sunday morning I listened to the 'Sunday Morning Breakfast Show met Dirk' for a good half hour, and I downloaded a 'Piet & Piet Show', which I will listen to on the mp3 player this week.

By the way, there are many interesting stations in Friesland at the moment (Radio Atlantis is Frisian). Can we call it a Frisian wave? :D I really like stations such as Relmus, Coloradokever (haven't heard him for a while), Wadloper, Wipkikker and Klaas Snoek (there are many more good Frisian stations!). Some of the Frisian stations are run by young people (Relmus, Atlantis, Coloradokever ...), which is a good sign for the future of Frisian pirate radio!

RX: Sangean ATS 909
ANT: indoor loop antenna

73, Kai in Oslo
Hans de Swan
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Re: This weekend's MW log

Post by Hans de Swan »

O, but there are a lot of Frisian radiostations, Kai. One of the biggest is, I think, de Toekomst, de Batavier, the Northcoast, Firma Noordzee, Centraal, a.o., but there are also a lot of mediumwavestations with larger power like de Studio Friesland, radio Ramona, WMBR/RNI (almost on the 1539 kHz.), radio 0511 (also offshoresounded radiostation, every sunday on the 1503 kHz.) and many more... :wink:
Radio Atlantis is indeed a fantastic radiostation with a very good choice of music! Like Kai did in his message, you can listen to them on the 1521 kHz. or on their stream http://www.atlantisradio.tk/ :idea:
Your sound... My sound... Inter...
Kai
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Kai »

Hi Hans!

Yes indeed, there are many pirates in Friesland. I have actually heard most of the stations you mention (the only one I haven't heard is Ramona!). I've even heard WMBR and Radio 0511. They can be heard quite well at daytime on the south coast (there is just water between South Norway and Friesland...). Toekomst was one of the first pirates I heard when I started listening in 1993. Great station!

I've been following the Dutch pirate scene for the past 18 years, and for some reason I had got the impression that there are more Frisian stations now than in the 90s. But when I look at my list of medium-wave stations received I actually see that the number of medium-wave pirates is Friesland has been quite constant (15-20 stns in the 90s, 15-20 stns from 2000 onwards). So I guess it's not a Frisian wave after all... :D But I don't think there were any stations like Relmus and Atlantis in the 90s (although I might be wrong...) (most of the stations I heard in the 90s were QSO stations).

Kai
Hans de Swan
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Hans de Swan »

That's right! Stations like radio Atlantis, radio 0511 and WMBR have a big offshorevalue (sounds like the old seapirates) with a lot of 'goldenoldies' and jingles in their broadcastings.
Also stations as radio Relmus, Centraal, Northcoast and Batavier are using a combination of rockmusic and goldenoldies.
For a couple of years ago, this was not done when you were a pirate on the mediumwaveband... :?
But I like it very much and today are these stations really popular with this concept. :D

Of course, there are a lot of other Frisian piratestations doing 'it' on the 'old fashion way' and that's also allright with me! :wink:
Your sound... My sound... Inter...