unids on mediumwave

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

unids on mediumwave

Post by Guest »

Hello!
I would be very glad if anyone could help me to identify a station which was heard with brilliant strength 24. October,past midnight++

Frequency was 1620a, signal was impressive all around,and the station kept rockin for quite a while,Thin Lizzy a.o.

I just couldn't get the station name! Anyone? he announced address in Ruurlo.

The very same night lots of stations around this time, Verona 1645 (perfect reception)and Zender Barcelona +many unids on a.o 1656,1676 (with some tecno music!) and other freqs as well.

Hoping for suggestions!

Post by Guest »

Grensjager, these stations were logged in Zeeland, South-West corner of Holland on that day. Hope you find your Unids:

24-10-2004
1653 kHz: James Bond - 25% (*)
1646 kHz: Corona - 35% (*)
1629 kHz: Verona - 40%
1645 kHz: Zwarte Non - 35%
1656 kHz: Container Boer - 25% (*)
1651 kHz: Montana - 10% (*)

Post by Guest »

Thank you, WP! I can see some of them fit in,so good suggestions! My logs were past midnight,how about yours?
The 1620 kHz station was about exact frequency on my Lowe,so that doesn't really fit in with the ones suggested.
I notedVerona on 1645 kHz- I'm pretty sure it was him??????
I guess they change frequencies all the time.....
alfred
Site Admin
Site Admin

your unid

Post by alfred »

Hey, Grens,, if you cant get answer to your udin you might want to try a posting in the sw pirates group. there are a lot there listening aswel to mediumwave pirates
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWpirates/
www.alfalima.net
alfred.zoer [ad] straatklus.nl

Post by Guest »

Grensjager, they do change frequency alot. My logs where more around 20:00h/21:00h CET. But like Alfred said, join the group, you can get alot of Unid answers there. But asking on the board is also a good thing. Good DX !!
Stille Willie

Post by Stille Willie »

Titanic was on 1620 guys.

Post by Guest »

Many thanks for the info guys!!!!! i will certainly use this forum again-very friendly and quick! Seems right with Titanic :lol:

Best of regards!