Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Post by Guest »

Listening on DXTUNERS.com on a remote radio located in Rommelle Sweeden.. hearing a possible UK station on 6219-6220.. trance music with the operator speaking over it. Annoying QRM from data bursts on freq. Time 1930 UTC 10-10-04
no brain

use your own RX

Post by no brain »

:p It must be bad hearing a station on equipment you dont normaaly have access to. Thats the art of listening. Its no good using a remote reciever to hear stations that you couldn't normally hear!
"we're all doomed!!" :p
Robin Banneville
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Re: 6220

Post by Robin Banneville »

Guest wrote:.. hearing a possible UK station on 6219-6220.. trance music with the operator speaking over it. Annoying QRM from data bursts on freq. Time 1930 UTC 10-10-04
Sounds a bit like Laser Hot Hits to me... I havn't heard Mystery Radio on 6220 this w/e, but LHH was transmitting something that sounded like a "sports commentary" over music...? It sounded like two stations at first, but the parallel freq of 6210 kHz was the same. My problem was mainly electrical static from lightning over France, made listening a bit difficult... So even I'm not 100% certain that it was just LHH.

73's ... Robin B.

PS... I must admit that I only log what I hear on my own receivers and antenna, but maybe that's just me being old-fasioned :)

Re: use your own RX

Post by Guest »

no brain wrote::p It must be bad hearing a station on equipment you dont normaaly have access to. Thats the art of listening. Its no good using a remote reciever to hear stations that you couldn't normally hear!
"we're all doomed!!" :p
I typically don't ask for QSLs through this medium, I just use the remote radios to hear things I wish to hear.. but can't at my home.