SRE 6310 KHz

Here Stations and Listeners can anounce pirate transmisions on Medium and Short wave

Moderator: Moderators group

Sonnet Radio Europe
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

SRE 6310 KHz

Post by Sonnet Radio Europe »

SRE now on air at 6310 KHz until 0700 UTC / 0800 BST

All reports apprciated

SRE
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

Got something on 6309.2. Just heard a tune that mentioned something about "Round the outside." About S-5 on the S-meter, but some fading, and a fair amount of static crashes.
Is this SRE. And what is the transmitter power?

alex
Sonnet Radio Europe
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

avranesjr wrote:Got something on 6309.2. Just heard a tune that mentioned something about "Round the outside." About S-5 on the S-meter, but some fading, and a fair amount of static crashes.
Is this SRE. And what is the transmitter power?

alex
Hi Alex, many thanks

That's us, sounds like we are just breaking through the noise.

TX Power is 70 watts
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

Excellent for 70-w. then!
Unfortuntely, many thunderstorms in this part of the country the past few days, and apparently for the next few days, so more static crashes than normal for this time of year.
But solid carrier on 6309.2 and clear modulation when it comes through. Signal is slowly getting stronger, and probably will continue to do so as sunrise nears over there. I have heard announcements in definite English, but no clear ID yet, and unfortunately when I can hear the music, it's not a song that I know. (If it's not from the '70s or '80s, I probably won't know it, lol. :wink: ) But the song that is on now at 0438 UTC does sound a little familiar, I just can't place it, I think maybe the title is a woman's name. Just caught an ID after that song, finally!

a.v.
Sonnet Radio Europe
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

SRE

Thanks Alex, no problem with the QSL, I'll be in touch via email. Got reports from Germany, Finland, Spain, Ireland and Croatia so far.

Thanks for pursuing!!

SRE