Radio Free London, This bank holiday weekend.

Here Stations and Listeners can anounce pirate transmisions on Medium and Short wave

Moderator: Moderators group

Radio Free London, This bank holiday weekend.

Post by Guest »

Radio Free London returns this week end Friday thru to Monday night, with new programmes.
Frequencies to be used;
6275Khz
3940Khz
819Khz.

Schedule;
* Dave Martin
* Andy Walker
* Roger Dale
* Tony Randall
* Chris Ise (The Berlin Service)
* Dave Double-Dex
* Steve Underground
* Tristian Gaybody
* ??? Mystery DJ ???
Andy Richards

Radio Free London.This Bank Holiday weekend

Post by Andy Richards »

I look forward to it.Hope there are not too many repeat tapes though!

Andy Richards.

Re: Radio Free London.This Bank Holiday weekend

Post by Guest »

Andy Richards wrote:I look forward to it.Hope there are not too many repeat tapes though!
Andy Richards.
Andy, as you can see from the list above there will be at least 9 hours of new programmes. Allright they will be repeated every 9 hours over the weekend, but you'd have to be really unlucky to keep hearing the same bits! Plus the 3 TXs will have the same progs on but not in parallel, so there could be a hour or mores difference between them (Bloody satellite delay!!!!??:wink:)
Andy Richards

Post by Andy Richards »

I understand what you are doing & the logistical reasons why,I don't mind it too much as I can catch bits I missed earlier.I especially enjoy Steve Undergrounds programmes(Anorak that I am!)But many readers of this message board get a bit pissed off with the repeats,especially when they are more used to live programmes.

Andy Richards.

www.freewebs.com/radiofloss

Post by Guest »

Andy Richards wrote:I understand what you are doing & the logistical reasons why,I don't mind it too much as I can catch bits I missed earlier.I especially enjoy Steve Undergrounds programmes(Anorak that I am!)But many readers of this message board get a bit pissed off with the repeats,especially when they are more used to live programmes.

Andy Richards.

I think its about time many of the readers of this board got used to the fact that stations like RFL wouldn't be on air if the only way to broadcast was the live way!
The chances of getting 9 to 10 presenters in the same place at the same time is more than remote. So prerecorded is the only way to get on air.
The risks that stations in the UK took, like WNKR in the early 90's,coming on live every sunday for 4 hours for 2 years, are no longer worth taking.The penalties have increased and job commitments make it a no-no.
I agree that a 1 hour programme repeated over a whole weekend must piss everyone off to some extent, but 9 to 10 hours of new programmes on 3 bands must give people a better chance to hear the whole broadcast.
I mean you won't hear the whole thing on 1 band, due to propagation changes through the dayand most people won't be in a position to listen for 10 hours at a time anyway.
So over the weekend many people tuning between the 3 frequencies should manage to hear the lot.
Different people in different parts of the world will get the signal at different times of the day, for varying periods of time and on differing bands. So if 1 person is (un)lucky enough to get a good signal on 1 freq for the whole day are we suppose to go off air to save them from the repeating programmes? If we did we could be depriving others of what might be their one chance that day to hear us!
Andy Richards

Post by Andy Richards »

A good answer,which I hope gives a better understanding for listeners as to why you have to operate in this way.We'll be listening!!

Andy Richards.

This Weekend

Post by Guest »

Andy Richards wrote:A good answer,which I hope gives a better understanding for listeners as to why you have to operate in this way.We'll be listening!!

Andy Richards.

Oh, BTW, Andy.
It's me Dave Martin! I suppose I should have signed the first posting!
Andy Richards

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Dave,

Heard your programme on 3940 this evening,signal nice & strong here in NW.London.Good music too.Will try to catch 6275 & 819 over the weekend.

Andy Richards.

Andy Walker

RFL

Post by Andy Walker »

The reaction is very good for this weekends broadcast although it does take time to get everyone together to do the programmes.
A lot of work has been done at the 819 site and now the signal is much improved, but it could be better with a better aerial system.
We are the only silly old bastards to still get off our backsides and do something big pirate stye these day's, while the old has beens slag us off while they sit on there backsides at PC's posting anal messages to internet radio boards, but it's nice to know there are some old pirates who still surport real free radio (Thax Mr.Richards)

AW
Andy Richards

Post by Andy Richards »

I agree completely,there are far too many people out there happy to ridicule or put down the efforts of others without the slightest knowledge of what it takes to run an operation like this.
It is all very well to sit there at your computer & post these comments but if you think you can do better then GET UP OFF YOUR ARSE AND SHOW US YOU CAN!!!
I doubt that most of your critics would stand a chance!
I did it for more than five years with Radio Floss and we were on every week whatever the weather,conditions,personal problems etc threw at us.I'll tell you,it's not easy.
I am also getting pissed off with some of the Dutch operators.Listen guys,lighten up,much as I like the Spaceman I was not happy to hear him comment that he was running 60 watts on Saturday,from the woods,with two big batteries!!---NOT FUNNY!!!.
When I retire I will move to Holland where it is so easy to run a Pirate station that I will use a 50 Killowatt TX from my home with a 500 metre mast!!!!!!!!
Seriously though,Dutch operators,please THINK before you speak on air or post on the internet.It's not so easy in the UK.......................

Andy Richards.

SWS

batteries

Post by SWS »

Andy, I was in the wood with two ladies of 30 years old, so 60 years together. Those two were the batteries.
You must listen better what they say on the frequence good old Andy.

73's Spaceman
Andy Richards

Post by Andy Richards »

OK,Spaceman,as I like you and your broadcasts I will accept that maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.I look forward to hearing many more of your powerful transmissions in future,though I will be listening out for negative comments about UK operators...........but hey!keep the good music flowing and the party atmosphere!!More Rock music too please!

Let's keep relationships between all international broadcasters friendly.After all,we all believe in the same thing.

Andy Richards.