Help needed on MW channels

Here Stations and Listeners can anounce pirate transmisions on Medium and Short wave

Moderator: Moderators group

Please vote for the clearest channels

1242 khz
No votes
1251 khz
14%
1260 khz
57%
1269 khz
29%
1278 khz
No votes

Total votes: 7

Help needed on MW channels

Post by Guest »

Could people listening out in England, Holland and Belgium please vote which of the following frequencies is clearest? The station planning to go on air has only a set length on aerial and can't lengthen or shorten it other than a few truns round a bog roll.
[long and complicated story, believe me!]
Many Thanks
ZB

Re: Help needed on MW channels

Post by Guest »

Zebedee Beetlegrinder wrote:Could people listening out in England, Holland and Belgium please vote which of the following frequencies is clearest? The station planning to go on air has only a set length on aerial and can't lengthen or shorten it other than a few truns round a bog roll.
[long and complicated story, believe me!]
Many Thanks
ZB
Nonr of these options
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

If you want to be clear, go very high - 1610+. There are no (to my knowledge) British stations in this band, and I only once heard Radio Poland at 1710. At night time especially, these are the only clear frequencys.
undigest
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by undigest »

1251 lands you on top of the French meteo in SSB, and 1230-1255 seem to be the most frequently-occupied pirate frequencies (the ones I can hear in Scotland anyway).

Good luck,

Peter

Post by Guest »

Bycross Radio wrote:If you want to be clear, go very high - 1610+. There are no (to my knowledge) British stations in this band, and I only once heard Radio Poland at 1710. At night time especially, these are the only clear frequencys.
Thanks.
However the aerial cannot be altered and is resonant lower down.
The station also wants to be heard by conventional radios, so 1611 or maybe 1620 would be as high as it would want to go if it could change the aerial anyway.
Thanks anyway.
ZB
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

All the best of luck then. Are we likly to hear this new station any time soon?

Post by Guest »

undigest wrote:1251 lands you on top of the French meteo in SSB, and 1230-1255 seem to be the most frequently-occupied pirate frequencies (the ones I can hear in Scotland anyway).

Good luck,

Peter
Thanks Peter.
I was unaware the French were putting out SSB in the middle of the Meduim Wave broadcast band!
These pirates on 1230 and 1255 are off channel, they must cause a horrible heterodyne :o

1260 seems to be the most voted for at the moment , are there any more votes?

Kind regards

Post by Guest »

Bycross Radio wrote:All the best of luck then. Are we likly to hear this new station any time soon?
Hopefully soon, it seems since I sent that text out, people have been falling over themselves and as I believe in as many stations on the air as possible, I can see I will be busier than when I was buying old trains!
Bycross Radio
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Bycross Radio »

Hehe! The more the merrier! (that goes for both locomotives and Tx's)
undigest
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by undigest »

Sorry, posting in my sleep: I meant 1651 might have problems with French Meteo, and lots of pirates between 1630 and 1655kHz.

:oops:

Peter

Post by Guest »

undigest wrote:Sorry, posting in my sleep: I meant 1651 might have problems with French Meteo, and lots of pirates between 1630 and 1655kHz.

:oops:

Peter
No worries :lol:
If you could have a check of the channels and vote for the clearest it would be much appreciated
Thanks